Monday, May 13, 2013

Develop and live your ideal self image

If you see yourself as an overweight or obese person, then that is what you will be.

If you believe that there is nothing you can do to change your shape or lose weight- because of your genes / age / job / lack of willpower / lack of time, then nothing will ever change.

Repeat after me: There is NOTHING wrong with you.  You CAN achieve the body shape and health you dream of....




We learn to associate ourselves more with the person who isn’t fit or who eats too much or who makes unhealthy food choices. The effect of this is that we become our own self fulfilling prophecies.  You start to believe that there is something wrong with you - YOU can never be one of those effortlessly slender people, who seems to eat whatever they want....

Yes, you can.

The starting point to achieving and maintaining your ultimate body FOR LIFE (with minimal possible effort) is to determine and develop your ultimate self image. What does the ultimate you look like and act like?

Is it:
  • a healthy, outdoorsy, sunny, beachy person who bounces around and eats fresh fruit and nicoise salad? 
  • an introverted bookish person who listens to classical music and eats homemade stews and porridge? 
  • a gym junkie in the latest expensive nikes and lycra who has protein shakes and tuna salads? 
  • a combination of all 3? Or something different entirely?

For me, what I really connect with is living the most healthy, natural life I can so I know I am giving my body and mind everything they need to perform at their best and so I feel my best. This means that I love being in the fresh air and sunshine and ocean. I love exercising with fresh blood and oxygen being pumped through my body and my lungs, muscles and joints working. It also means that I love eating fresh fruit and vegetables and grains and meats and fish and eggs and home cooked food made from scratch. 



 It is entirely a PERSONAL CHOICE. Figure out your own ideal self-image and then let it guide your food decisions.  This is one of the most important steps you will ever take on your journey to sustainable weight loss and optimum health.

Come back to this post whenever you need a reminder. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment